Window On The Otways offers luxury cabin accommodation in the stunning Lorne Hinterland, featuring sensational views over the Great Otway National Park.
With magnificent Otways bushland as far as your eyes can see, the Treehouse and Lookout are a wonderful bespoke forest retreat. These gorgeous little cabins are superbly appointed, with careful attention to all the luxurious details that make for a truly relaxing escape. Nestled atop a 26 acre ecological sanctuary, the cabins offer complete privacy. Soak up the tranquility, unwind and recharge away from the hustle and bustle. Less than 2 hours from Melbourne and only 15 minutes leisurely drive through forest to the stunning coast and thriving township of Lorne. Enjoy nature at its finest.
In the Cabins…
- Queen bed with a huge window looking out across the forest
- Big two person spa bath (and shower) with private views of the Otway National Park
- Cosy wood fire with wood provided
- Fully self contained kitchen with induction stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, small fridge, ample cookware, high quality cutlery, crockery, wine glasses, coffee plunger and cooking utensils
- A private deck with electric BBQ and outdoor dining
- Indoor dining table and chairs
- Comfy three seat leather lounge
- TV and DVD player, Bluetooth speaker
- Spilt system airconditioner
- Eco-friendly Apricus solar hot water system and Biocycle waste water system
On the Property…
- The Treehouse and The Lookout – architecturally designed, private, self-contained spa cabins
- The Nook – full spectrum infrared sauna and chromotherapy meditation space with awesome views over the forest (for the private use of cabin guests only)
- 26 Acres of dedicated ecological sanctuary and Land For Wildlife reserve
The extra little details…
- 1000 thread count bed sheets and pure linen covers
- Egyptian cotton bath robes and big fluffy towels
- Sauna towels to use in The Nook – full spectrum infrared sauna
- Generous pantry and complimentary local ethically sourced provisions
- A selection of T2 green teas and cast iron teapot
- Tawny port for sipping in the evening
- An extensive range of Sukin Organic body, hair and facial care products for your use
- A selection of DVDs, books and games for your enjoyment
- Essential oils, candles and bath salts
- Plus many more nourishing little touches for your stay
What You Should Know
- This much loved forest accommodation has been operating for 20 years, our little family has owned and tended it for the past 7 years. Our many 5 star reviews can be found across multiple platforms including VRBO, Google and Tripadvisor. As a small bush family business we love offering this wonderful space for people to escape, relax, and enjoy. We work very hard to ensure the cabins offer great value and excellent accommodation. We would love to welcome you to stay here at Window On The Otways.
- Bookings can be made through this website using the secure Netbookings system (links below)
- 50% deposit is required on booking using MasterCard or Visa
- Balance paid 7 days prior to arrival using MasterCard or Visa
- Cabins are not suitable for children or babies
- No smoking environment
- Due to the protected forest environment pets are not allowed
- Cabins must be left in a tidy manner
- We are in a bush environment – during summer months it is essential that all guests download the VicEmergency App to their mobile phones to receive any bushfire alerts in the area
- On Catastrophic/ Code Red bushfire days the cabins are required to close and all residents are required by the CFA to leave the area
- Cabins are deep cleaned between bookings – fresh aired, hepa vacuumed, linens hot washed, and all surfaces (including kitchen, bathroom and bedroom walls, switches, handles, and aircon filters) fully disinfected between guests. We use highly effective and eco-sensitive cleaning products by Method, Organic Choice, and TriNature
Window On The Otways is on Gadubanud Country, traditional Land of the People of the Eastern Marr. We thank and acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of this Land, and pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging.
Window On The Otways is wonderful place to restore, relax, unwind and nourish while soaking up the peace of the bush in luxurious comfort. The two boutique, open plan cabins look out over the breathtaking Otways forest, and offer a place of calm and tranquility from which to enjoy the delights of the area.
Our first little cabin… The Treehouse is nestled amidst tall eucalypts and looks over the property herb garden to the beautiful Pennyroyal Valley and ranges beyond. The Treehouse sits at the top of a natural ridgeline and is built on a tall cantilever frame, giving it the feel of being literally up in the trees. Expansive views from the bedroom, bathroom and balcony are gently filtered through tree trunks offering a real feeling of seclusion and forest retreat. This luxurious and modern version of a treehouse is easily accessible with a level pad at the entrance meaning no stairs to climb, but all the fun of being up where the birds nest.
Our second little cabin… The Lookout sits atop the ridgeline above a steep open meadow where kangaroos graze and eagles soar. Each window and balcony offers vast and uninterrupted views of the Pennyroyal Valley and ranges beyond. The Lookout is built on a tall cantilever making the cabin feel like it is safely suspended out into the stunning landscape. A level pad at the entrance means you can enjoy all the fun of your own private forest lookout without the stairs.
The Treehouse and Lookout are mirror images of each other and are identically appointed. All the same luxury comforts and extras are in each cabin. Both offer views of uninterrupted forest as far as your eyes can see.
Sit on the balcony of your cabin at night and gaze at millions of stars while frog song fills the air. Snuggle by the woodfire or in the deep double spa with candles and huge windows looking across the valley. Wake in a cosy bed to the beautiful chorus of forest birds and gentle morning light filling the sensational views. Stay in bed with a cuppa and watch as the forest dances, and clouds move across the horizon. Nourish yourself in The Nook – full spectrum sauna and chromotherapy meditation space. Or head out to explore the many extraordinary offerings of the Otways region, returning to your own private sanctuary.
Both cabins have their own easily accessible driveways with reserved parking directly in front. They are set approximately 150m apart to ensure your privacy. The Nook is situated in the bush between the cabins, along an easy pathway.
(The cabins are not easily wheelchair accessible)
Minimum stay of 2 nights (unless otherwise noted)
Sorry we cannot accept single night bookings
Monday to Thursday – $320 per night
Friday to Sunday – $345 per night
Peak Period – $355 per night
Christmas/ New Years – $400 per night
The cabins are well stocked with a pantry of teas, coffee, hot chocolate, muesli, and carefully selected generous complimentary extras including local free range eggs and bacon, La Madre sourdough bread, Otways jam, pancake mix, organic butter, milk and a select range of T2 green teas.
A range of beautiful Sukin Organic body, hair and facial care products are provided for your use and nurturing – including body wash, shampoo, conditioner, facial cleaners and moisturizers.
Candles, essential oils, soaps and bath salts are provided for your relaxation and enjoyment.
ON THE PROPERTY
The Nook – Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna and Chromotherapy Meditation Space
Nestled between the cabins you can find The Nook, a private infrared sauna and chromotherapy meditation space among the trees. The glass fronted Nook offers floor to ceiling windows onto the forest, and is a fabulous place to unwind and de-stress. Sauna towels are provided for your use.
The Nook has high quality low EMF/ELF carbon ceramic heaters which provide full spectrum infrared heat to warm/heat the body in the same way as natural sunlight (without the UV exposure). It is also equipped with therapeutic grade chromotherapy lights. These offer visible wavelengths of the colour light spectrum to benefit the mind and body. Red LED light therapy is currently very popularly used for energising skin cells by stimulating collagen and elastin. Violet light is popularly used to aid meditation. The Nook offers red, orange, yellow, blue, green and violet LED light therapy.
Full spectrum infrared saunas and chromotherapy light systems report a host of health benefits. Please check with a medical professional before using the sauna or chromotherapy if you have any health conditions or concerns at all, or if you are taking any medications (we can’t offer any health advice, suggestions or opinions). Any use is entirely at your own discretion.
The Otways are a treasure trove of natural delights. From beautiful native vegetation to abundant wildlife, there is so much to be seen from the comfort of your cabin. At dawn and dusk kangaroos and wallabies often come to feed nearby, eagles soar overhead daily, while koalas and echidnas are frequent through harder to spot visitors. Tiny protected native ‘chocolate’ bats often shelter in the eaves of the cabins and at dusk fly with much delight. Watch the sky change with the sun rise and set from the balcony (or bath!), the morning mists rise in the valley below, rainbows arc brightly across the forest, and the moon turn everything to silver when it is full. Be mesmerized by the incredible magnitude of the stars in the sky away from city lights. Listen to the songs of the forest, far away from traffic noise. Soak up the kind of relaxation only nature can provide.
The 26 acres of bushland on which Window On The Otways is built, is private forest managed for conservation purposes. It is a dedicated ecological sanctuary with incredibly biodiverse bushland of environmental significance, and is part of a large water catchment area. The property is owned and managed by our small family. We are dedicated to the protection, rehabilitation and restoration of this precious forest. We plant hundreds of native trees and shrubs every year, work hard to remove weeds and fix erosion, and provide natural habitat for endemic species. We live here full time and deeply love this forest. We hope you will love it too.
The land beyond the cabins is extremely steep, slippery and not suitable for guest recreation. However, the road the property is on offers excellent walking and is our favourite place for a wander, a run, or a ride.
Window on the Otways is close to some of the best waterfalls in Victoria, including Erskine Falls, Cora Lynn Cascades, Phantom Falls and Upper and Lower Kalimna Falls. These waterfalls are a nature lovers delight all year round, and are truly spectacular in wet weather. Explore the ancient temperate rainforest trails and be enchanted by the magic.
Walk the region’s stunning coastal tracks and see breathtaking ocean views or explore the rockpools. Surfers will be delighted by the local breaks, and swimmers have many patrolled options over summer. Near Eastern View you can walk barefoot along the sand for hours.
Enjoy a Hike
There are so many incredible hikes offered in the Great Otway National Park. A copy of Walking The Otways is in each Studio to help you decide where to go, along with copies of all the trail maps for the area.
Nearby Forrest is home to a large range of outstanding mountain bike trails. There are over 16 MTB trails offering experiences for beginners through to hard-core dirt fanatics.
Some of our favourites are:
Brae, Birregurra www.braerestaurant.com
Qdos Art, Lorne www.qdosarts.com
Bottle of Milk, Lorne www.thebottleofmilk.com
Pizza Pizza, Lorne www.pizzapizzalorne.com
IPSOS Restaurant and Bar, Lorne www.ipsosrestaurant.com.au
Lorne Hotel, Lorne www.lornehotel.com.au
Mexican Republic, Lorne www.mexicanrepubliclorne.com
Forrest Brewery, Forrest www.forrestbrewing.com.au
The Store, Deans Marsh (03) 5236 3305
Birregurra General Store & Takeaway, Birregurra (03) 5236 2013
Close enough to enjoy the buzz of this vibrant and popular seaside town, but far enough away to escape the maddening crowd. Lorne Victoria highlights include the world famous beach, wonderful restaurants and cafes, and fabulous boutique shopping.
This website is operated by Window on the Otways using commercial web hosting facilities.
Window on the Otways is committed to protecting your privacy. Window on the Otways guarantees it will never sell, lend or otherwise disclose your personal details under any circumstances. We will treat your private information as we would want our private information treated – with respect and honesty.
Window on the Otways is bound by the National Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. A copy of the National Principles is available for your perusal from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Window on the Otways provides the following privacy statement:
When you visit this website
When visiting this website, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used to help improve the site.
This information is supplied by your browser:
– the user’s server address;
– the user’s operating system;
– the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au or .uk);
– the pages accessed and the documents downloaded; and
– the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
What information does Window on the Otways collect?
Window on the Otways records information from persons who complete online forms, send us emails or make phone bookings. This information is collected for business purposes.
Generally we keep a record of the following types of information about you:
– information that you have provided which may identify you, such as your name, address and contact details; and
– information that you have provided in the form of feedback or email.
Cookies are not used to store visitor’s preferences or to record session information.
When you e-mail us
When you request information through this website, we need to know your e-mail address or phone number, where you wish the information to be sent by post, your name and postal address. We use these details to send to you the information you request in the form that you require. We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside Window on the Otways without your permission.
How does Window on the Otways use the information collected?
All information disclosed to Window on the Otways may be accessed by the owners of Window on the Otways only, and we will access your information to fulfil your request. All information received is stored in a secure format for Window on the Otway’s own use.
Can I access my personal information that I have previously given to Window on the Otways?
Yes. You can request Window on the Otways supply the information held on you.
In addition to the above assurances, any information held by Window on the Otways and related individuals is held secure in a manner designed to protect information from internal and external access by anyone other than the owners of Window on the Otways.
Links to other websites
We are often working in the forest and out of phone reception and away from internet. Often the best way to contact us is to send a txt message on the number listed just to the right. We’ll be sure to get back in touch with you as soon as we are back in range.
75 Sincocks Road
A deposit of 50% of the total booking is to be paid by credit card to secure a booking. Window on the Otways accepts Visa and MasterCard. The balance is payable 7 days prior to arrival by credit card.
Cancellations & Refunds
The deposit is refundable, less a $50.00 administration levy, if you cancel more than 14 days prior to arrival date. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to arrival date we will endeavour to rebook the accommodation. If successful monies paid will be refunded less the $50.00 administration levy. If rebooking is unsuccessful Window on the Otways will retain the monies paid. Alternatively your booking can be held for 12 months for the same value paid.
Copyright and Intellectual property of Windows on the Otways.